Friday, July 20, 2012

So close I can taste it...

I am not sure how much I have talked about my weight loss journey on here. I started the blog toward the end of it. I used to weigh myself every week. As my weight loss slowed I have only weighed myself every few weeks or so. And let's be honest, I put it off sometimes when I know I ate too much the weekend before. Anyway, I just weighed myself recently and I am less than two pounds away from my goal!!! A goal at one point I thought was unattainable... a long shot if you will.

I am the lightest I have been in my adult life and probably in the best shape I have ever been in. I am also almost at the 50-pound weight loss mark. Hard to believe I have come this far. It has taken a lot of work and dedication. It does help quite a bit that my husband has been a huge supporter and going along the journey with me. He has lost almost 100 pounds now!!

Our before picture... April 2011.
A little history... from college up until I was about 23 I was heavy. Looking back on pictures, I was not just overweight, but fat. In January of 2005, something clicked and I started working out for the first time in my life and really focusing on eating more healthy. I curbed my soda, fast food and candy addictions, and managed to lose almost 60 pounds. I pretty much kept that weight off until my husband and I started dating. Let's just say his love of burgers, wings, fries and beer rubbed off on me and I gained back about 30 of the pounds. But I can't just pin it on him either... I was making worse and worse food choices on my own and my workouts had become few and far between.


In August 2011, my husband got a wake-up call from his doctor. At 29, he was put on a statin for high cholesterol. My husband was determined to get off that medication - and he did. That wake-up call spurred his weight loss and mine. None of my clothes were fitting and I was unhappy with my weight. I was determined not to go back to shopping in the plus size section, but those were really the sizes that fit me. I just couldn't bring myself to buy those 18s to have something to wear. Now, I am wearing a 12... sometimes even a 10, I think.  To be honest, I am not sure what size I wear these days. I have been putting off buying new clothes until I get close to my goal. Well, I think it is safe to say that I am there.

Anyone ready to go shopping?! 

Beth :o)



2 comments:

  1. So proud of you! You and Alan should take an after pic like above to show. Love you! Beth 1/2 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Where is the after pic? Great work!

    ReplyDelete