Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Welcome!

Welcome to my new blog! My hope is to discuss running tips, struggles and life as it happens.

I have never been a runner. I dreaded P.E. growing up and was that kid picked last for teams. One thing I don't come to naturally - among many things - is athletic ability.

My weight has fluctuated over the years and my husband I decided to start getting healthy in August 2011. It has been a struggle, but I have lost more than 40 pounds now and am just shy of reaching my goal weight.

Training and running races has become a major motivator for my husband. I decided, despite my distaste for running, to give it a try. Around Thanksgiving, I ran an informal Turkey Trot 5K. Finish time was 43ish minutes. Next was the Cupid Crawl in February. Finish time of 39:47!! A good improvement and no actual training beyond my normal workouts.

This time, I have a training regimen. On May 19 I will be running the Bright Night 5K. My hope is to improve my time to around 35 minutes. Week two of training and so far, so good!

-Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment